Rubbish fire spread to Doncaster bungalow

editorial image
0
Have your say

A fire which started in a bungalow in Arskey and spread to a caravan and neighbouring property started accidentally.

Crews from Adwick, Doncaster, Edlington and Askern stations were called to the property on Almholme Lane at 9.22pm last night.

The fire spread to a caravan and the loft space of an unoccupied neighbouring property.

Crews used six breathing apparatus and four main jets to extinguish the blaze.

A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the fire started accidentally when the property owner was burning rubbish in an oil drum and left it unattended.

A woman and a boy who were in the property when the fire started, escaped unharmed.