Residents flee blaze

0
Have your say

TWO residents had to flee their burning home in Brampton Bierlow after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

A woman, aged in her 70s, and a teenage girl fled their bungalow on Bierlow Close after some food ignited after it was left too long in a microwave.

Two fire crews from Dearne Station were called to the scene last Thursday night at 10pm.

They spent 30 minutes tackling the blaze, which caused smoke damage to the kitchen.

Both occupants managed to get out of the property unharmed and neither required medical treatment.