Owner rescues dog from house blaze

Fire Engine on call
Fire Engine on call

A MAN risked his life to save his pet dog following a house fire last night.

The owner, in his 40s, escaped the property in Beech Road, Armthorpe, following the fire which was started by a chip pan.

After the man got out of the house, he then went back inside to retrieve the dog.

Paramedics treated the man for smoke inhalation as fire crews attended to the fire at around 8pm.

It is unknown if the pet owner was taken to hospital.

The house was badly smoke damaged, a fire spokesman confirmed.