A care home in Mexborough was partly evacuated last night after a fire in a waste disposal unit.
Some of the residents of the Swallow Wood home in Wath Road were taken from their rooms while smoke was cleared.
The fire, which was reported at 8.30pm, was was confined to a utility room and put out within 10 minutes by crews from Dearne and Rotherham stations.
A spokesman for Swallow Wood said: “When the fire alarm went off in Swallow Wood, staff immediately followed established fire safety procedures. A small number of residents were moved within the home and the fire service arrived a few minutes later. The incident was internal combustion within an appliance and no flames were visible at any point. No residents or staff were harmed. As is standard practice the care regulator CQC has been informed and we are making contact with relatives.”