Doncaster CVS has teamed up with the Free Press and other Doncaster businesses to launch its community and voluntary sector awards.
To mark their 70th anniversary year local infrastructure organisation, Doncaster CVS have launched their Community and Voluntary Sector Awards, which will seek to recognise and reward organisations and individuals in Doncaster’s Third Sector.
Director of Doncaster CVS,Norma Wardman said: “I’m certain the inaugural event will be a huge success – it would be great if we were able to make the awards an annual occasion and create a lasting legacy that will ultimately encourage even more people to get involved.”
The awards have been set up in conjunction with the Free Press and Sine FM as well as sponsors in the shape of Beta Technology, Taylor Bracewell, Doncaster Chamber, Business Doncaster, BDO, Doncaster Mind and Age UK to establish the awards which will take place at the Keepmoat Stadium on December 6.
Yasmin Knight from sponsor Beta Technology said: “At Beta, we are all extremely aware of the wealth of inspirational activity taking place in Doncaster. We come across it on a daily basis through our work of actively supporting the Doncaster business community to grow and prosper. As such we are proud to be able to celebrate the contribution of the Community and Voluntary Sector to Doncaster’s success through sponsoring the Most Inspiring Organisation Award.”
There are eight separate award categories which are: ·
* Community Group of the Year, which is sponsored by the Free Press and will be chosen for by you, our readers: this award recognises and rewards a community group that has made an exceptional contribution to Doncaster and its residents. small or large, all groups will be considered in respect of their value to the local community.
* Social Enterprise of the Year sponsored by Business Doncaster: celebrating the organisations that exist to address social or environmental need, reinvesting all profits or surpluses into the community or back into the business, this award recognises those achieving the greatest impact while demonstrating excellence in all aspects of enterprise.
* Registered Charity of the Year sponsored by Taylor Bracewell: Registered Charity of the Year wil be awarded to an organisation that has consistently delivered outstanding service to its beneficiaries, promoted and raised its cause, been clear in its goals and demonstrated excellence all round.
* Volunteer of the year, which is split into
- Senior Volunteer sponsored by Age UK: this award will be presented to a senior volunteer who goes above and beyond in their volunteering activity to make an outstanding contribution to their local community
- Young Volunteer sponsored by BDO: this award will be presented to a young volunteer who goes above and beyond in their volunteering activity to make an outstanding contribution to their local community
* Training Provider of the Year sponsored by Doncaster Chamber: the winning organisation will show evidence of excellent training provision leading to a quantifiable, successful outcome for their customers.
* Most Inspiring Individual in the Community & Voluntary Sector sponsored by Doncaster Mind: this award will recognise an individual who has put their heart and soul into inspiring others in Doncaster’s community and voluntary sector to achieve their goals, overcome difficulties and made a tangible impact in the local community
* Most Inspiring Organisation in the Community & Voluntary Sector sponsored by Beta Technology: this award will recognise the most resourceful, inspiring community and voluntary organisation that is working to improve people’s lives and making a difference with the Doncaster community.
* Lifetime Achievement Award sponsored by Doncaster CVS: this most prestigious category will celebrate an individual who has made a major impact on the community and voluntary sector in Doncaster.
Nominations are open now, and will close on November 26.
To make your nomination email or call Sharon Coe firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 01302 343300, or head to the CVS Twitter feed @Doncaster_CVS or Facebook page to make your nominations