DCSIMG

Man’s lucky escape from Isle house blaze

Fire and Rescue.

Fire and Rescue.

A man was rescued by fire crews after fire broke out in his Isle home.

The kitchen blaze late on Saturday evening was sparked by a pan of food that overheated on a cooker.

Humberside fire crews wearing breathing apparatus had to break in to the property on Silver Street, Owston Ferry, to reach the occupant.

The rescued man was treated at the scene by ambulance crew members but did not go to hospital.

Police are investigating the incident that occurred at 11.31pm. Smoke detectors within the building had activated as the fire took hold.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news