Inquest into death of Doncaster murder victim

Christopher Cumpsty
Christopher Cumpsty
0
Have your say

An inquest into the death of a 43-year-old Doncaster murder victim has been adjourned whilst the police investigation continues.

Coroner Fred Curtis adjourned the inquest until November 4 to allow investigations into the death of Christopher Ronald Cumpsty to continue.

Detectives investigating the murder are still appealing for witnesses to come forward in a bid to trace Mr Cumpsty’s final movements.

Mr Cumpsty was found dead at his home in Cross Street, Balby, at around 4.30am on Friday, March 11.

Coroner Fred Curtis confirmed at the short hearing on Wednesday that a post-mortem examination concluded that he died from multiple injuries.

Four people remain on bail in connection with the investigation – a 41-year-old woman, a 45-year-old man, a 30-year-old woman and a 17-year-old boy.

All were arrested on suspicion of murder earlier this year.

Adjourning the inquest until 9.30am on November 4 Mr Curtis said: “The inquest will be adjourned until this date at which point we can set a formal inquest date or adjourn until someone is charged with his death.”

Detective Inspector Richard Partridge from the Force Crime Unit said: “While we are still trying to piece together Christopher’s movements before his death, we know he was subjected to at least one assault in the days leading up to his death. It’s clear he has a number of injuries to his body and ultimately, these injuries killed him.

“I appreciate that some time has passed, but any small detail could be key to us establishing what happened to Christopher.

“As our investigation has progressed, we have come to believe that the answers lie within the local community and I’d urge anyone with information to come forward and tell us what you know.”

Can you help officers with this investigation? Please call 101 or email enquiries@southyorks.pnn.police.uk quoting incident number 128 of March 11 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.