ROCK fans are snapping up tickets for a feast of music for the town’s first ever blues festival next month.
Martin Turner’s Wishbone Ash will headline the day-long event at The Dome on March 3 with a host of other top name acts lined up to play the eight-hour festival.
The band, formed in 1969, was at the forefront of the 1970s rock scene, producing a string of acclaimed albums including Wishbone Ash, Argus, There’s The Rub and New England, becoming one of the first bands to use twin lead guitars to create a new harmonic sound.
Joining them on the bill for the concert, which will take place from 2pm to 10pm, will be The Nimmo Brothers, Aynsley Lister, Laurence Jones and The Avit Blues Band.
Early bird tickets, priced £16, are available from the box office on 01302 370777 or from Solid Entertainments on 01472 349222.
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west