This month we launched our 2014 Superkids contest featuring 12 categories - and we want you to nominate that special little someone for their incredible achievements.
Winners and their families will be invited to a glitzy awards ceremony and two-course meal at Castle Park on December 1.
Group editor at South Yorkshire Newspapers, Chris Burton, said: “Doncaster Superkids is an awards ceremony to recognise and reward inspirational children from across the borough.
“Each year we are overwhelmed by the stories of real heroism and inspiration of our youngsters and we expect this year to be no different. We want you to tell us who you think is deserving of an award and we look forward to reading all the entries.”
The awards are open to all youngsters across the borough up to the age of 18.
The 12 categories are:
- Sports Award
- Support the Family Award - sponsored by Doncaster Refurnish
- Music and Performing Arts Award
- Special Award - sponsored by Atherton Godfrey
- Carer of the Year - sponsored by Total Finance
- Outstanding Achievement – Sponsored by Doncaster Refurnish
- Young Citizen Award – Sponsored by Doncaster Knights
- Triumph Over Adversity award
- Courage Award
- Educational Progress – Sponsored by Doncaster College
- Fundraising Award
- Environmental Champion – Sponsored by Taylor Wimpey
Children up to the age of 16 can be nominated for one of the 12 fantastic awards and you can tell us who you think should be a winner either by post or email.
Post your entries to Aimee Cancellara, events executive, Johnston Press - South Yorkshire and Peaks, Unit 2a, Sherwood Oaks Business Park, Southwell Road West, Mansfield, NG18 4TB.
Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org including Doncaster Free Press Superkids in the subject line.
Whether voting by post or email please clearly state the award you wish to nominate a person for, along with your details, details of the nominee and your reasons for nominating.
Closing date for the nominations is midnight on Saturday, November 16.