Firefighters called to Wheatley house after pan blaze

Fire and Rescue.

Fire and Rescue.

1
Have your say

Firefighters were called to a house blaze after the owner left a pan on the hob and fell asleep.

Two appliances from Doncaster and one from Edlington attended the incident in Broxholme Lane, Wheatley around 2.10am this morning (December 16)

A neighbour contacted the fire service after hearing a smoke alarm.

It is believed a man who was in the property left a pan on the hob and fell asleep.

The fire caused smoke damage to the property.

The cause has been logged as accidental.