Firefighters call for oven chips after house blaze

Firefighters say the want people to go for oven chips instead of the deep fried equivalent

Firefighters say the want people to go for oven chips instead of the deep fried equivalent

2
Have your say

Firefighters are backing oven chips after a family had to move out of their smoke logged house after a chip pan caught fire in Doncaster.

A parent became distracted by two young children at the property on Jarratt Street at around 9.30am on Sunday morning, leaving the oil to overheat. All three managed to escape safely but the house was full of smoke.

Edlington, Adwick and Doncaster firefighters tackled the blaze and used fans to try to ventilate the house.

Firefighters have repeated calls for people to stop using hot oil to home cook chips, with oven chips far safer.