Fire sparked at Keadby home

editorial image

A fire caused damage to a Keadby after a pan overheated.

Firefighters were called out to the scene on Cheswick Avenue at 9.30pm on Wednesday.

But they were not required in the end after the occupier extinguished it by isolating the power supply.

The blaze caused slight fire damage to the cooker and electrical socket, along with smoke damage to the kitchen.

A spokeswoman for Humberside Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze was sparked by residual fat in the grill pan.