Fire safety advice

0
Have your say

HUMBERSIDE Fire and Rescue Service is urging residents to protect themselves by checking electrical equipment is in good working order and is operated safely.

Overloaded sockets and overheated appliances are the focus of Electrical Fire Safety Week which started on Monday.

In 2011 firefighters attended over 130 electricity related incidents, ranging from faults in electrical appliances to overloaded sockets.

Most electrical fires start in the kitchen and residents should be careful when using cooking appliances.

Sockets should not be overloaded and should be regularly checked for worn or frayed wires.

Appliances should be unplugged when not in use and kept in good working order.