Fire crews rescue man from Auckley house

South Yorkshire Fire Service. Picture: Andrew Roe
South Yorkshire Fire Service. Picture: Andrew Roe
0
Have your say

A MAN who fell asleep while cooking has had to be rescued from his house by firefighters.

Fire crews had to break down the door of the house in Common Lane, Auckley, to rescue the man from the smoke-logged property at 9pm last night.

The man, in his 50’s had fallen asleep after leaving food under the grill, a fire service spokesman said.

He was given oxygen by firefighters at the scene before being taken to Doncaster Royal Infirmary for smoke inhalation, the spokesman added.

Crews left the scene just after 9.30pm.