DCSIMG

Family flees blaze in Hyde Park

Fire Engine on call

Fire Engine on call

 

An electrical fault sparked a fire and caused a family to flee their home on Friday night.

Firefighters were called to the scene on Palmer Street, Hyde Park, just before midnight.

The family who lived there were already aware of the blaze and were outside of the property when crews from Adwick and Edlington stations arrived.

Firefighters spent over an hour putting the flames out.

A brigade spokesman said the fire had been caused by a faulty electrical appliance which had overheated.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news