Doncaster woman led to safety after sparking house blaze with cigarette

editorial image
0
Have your say

Firefighters have helped to lead a woman to safety, after a blaze broke out at her Doncaster home.

The fire occurred at the woman’s property in Gattison Lane, New Rossington at around 4.40pm yesterday afternoon.

A South Yorkshire fire and rescue spokesperson said: “It’s thought the woman had discarded a cigarette in a waste bin.

“The bin smouldered and was extinguished by firefighters.”

The woman is not believed to have been hurt in the incident.

Edlington, Adwick and Doncaster firefighters tackled the blaze.