Doncaster remembering the victims of the Manchester terror attack

Organist Darren William, pictured signing the book of condolence at the Doncaster Minster. Picture: Marie Caley NDFP Minster Condolence MC 1

Organist Darren William, pictured signing the book of condolence at the Doncaster Minster. Picture: Marie Caley NDFP Minster Condolence MC 1

0
Have your say

Doncaster residents are passing on their thoughts to victims of the Manchester terror attacks through a condolence book.

The book has been set up at Doncaster Minster and will be available for people to sign every day this week.

A spokesman for Doncaster Minster said: “Everyone at Doncaster Minster sends their deepest sympathy and condolences to the families and friends of people who lost their lives in the Manchester Arena attack, and thoughts and prayers go out to those injured and others affected by this tragic event.

“Anyone who wishes to show solidarity with all victims may wish to come to the Minster to sign the condolence book.

“We are open weekdays from 10.30am to 3.30pm and 11am to 2pm on Saturday and at service times on Sunday.

“People of all faiths are welcome.”

Meanwhile, a Doncaster business woman has also revealed she and her two daughters were among those who survived the horror at Manchester Arena on Monday night.

Charlotte Woods, who runs the Lotties Coffee and Wine Bar, in Tickhill was left tearful by the incident.

She said on social media: “Just wanted to let everyone know that me and my family are safe. We managed to get out of Manchester arena. All very thankful for seeing another day.

“My heart goes out to all that attended.” She declined to comment further, adding it was too upsetting.

Another Doncaster resident who revealed on social media she had loved ones at the concert on was Paula Mickley, of Tickhill.

She said on Facebook: “My daughter and her friend were there too. Very shaken and upset but safe.”

Kelly-Louise Threadgold, aged 15, from Armthorpe, also attended the Ariana Grande concert in Manchester where a suicide bomber killed 22 and left another 59 injured.

She returned home safely after what had been the first ever concert she had attended.