SACRE bleu! Youngsters went all European when The Axholme Academy in Crowle opened its door to three primary schools.
Three of the partner primaries - Crowle, Eastoft and St Norberts Catholic - were invited to take part in the European Day of Languages event which was billed as the biggest language lesson ever held in Crowle,.
Children performed songs in French - with Crowle singing Frere Jacques in the round, St Norbert’s reciting Le Hareng Saur, and Eastoft Baa Baa Black Sheep. Then the pupils were involved in four activities - boules, making a foreign language bookmark, matching flags to countries and French bingo.
Principal, Joe Sellars, said: “It was great to see our partner primary school pupils engaging with foreign languages in such a fun and practical way.
“Activities like these are part of our busy programme of events and activities that make transition for these young people to the academy really smooth so that they really hit the ground running in their learning.”
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east