Police are appealing for information after a male pedestrian was left with serious injuries after a collision with an ambulance car.
The incident happened at about 1.25am on Sunday, September 30, when a green and yellow first responder ambulance car, a Skoda Octavia, was travelling on Westway in Barnsley, towards Harborough Hill Road.
A 30-year-old man is reported to have been walking on the pavement next to the Alhambra Shopping Centre, when he crossed the dual carriageway towards Sheffield Road into the path of the vehicle.
The man, from Didsbury, Manchester, sustained serious injuries and was taken to Barnsley District General Hospital for treatment.
The 49-year-old woman from Rotherham driving the Octavia was not reported to have been hurt.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who may have information that could assist officers is asked to call South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 121 of 30 September 2012.
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west