MAYOR of Rotherham Shaun Wright attended a school in Wath to hand out awards to parents and staff for completing education courses.
Mayor Wright attended Wath C of E Primary School along with Mayoress Lisa Wright.
He presented five teaching assistants with certificates for finishing the NVQ Level 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning in School course.
Meanwhile, four parents who completed the Nurturing Parenting Programme and were also handed their certificates.
Both courses covered a range of topics, focused on improving the way parents and teachers communicate with children.
Mayor Wright handed out the awards during a celebration assembly at the school last Wednesday.
Parent support worker Debra Whelan, who delivered the courses, said: “They all worked very hard to complete the courses so it was nice to see them get their certificates.
“They all said how much they learned and that they had started putting it into practice.
“The celebration assembly was also a chance for our pupils to quiz the mayor about his role and duties.”
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west