Workers responsible for maintaining public spaces and tackling graffiti in the Isle could be moved to Scunthorpe as part of cost cutting plans.
North Lincolnshire Council has started a consultation over plans to move workers based at Ealand Operational Depot.
The staff tackle grounds maintenance and street cleansing in the Isle.
A council spokesman said: “No formal decision has been made, though staff have been consulted on the possible closure of the Ealand depot and relocating staff to Scunthorpe.
“In the event that the relocation does goes ahead, we would seek to protect and enhance the current service provided by the team in the Isle of Axholme area.”
What do you think about the proposals? Comment below or email us at the address above
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east