NOTTINGHAMSHIRE Police held a crime prevention information session at The Misterton Centre last week and gave advice on how to make your home more secure, and about personal safety.
The key messages from Crime Prevention Officer, Steve Walsh are:
· check that you have anti-snap locks on UPVC doors;
· mark your property in sheds and garages. If you’re not planning to sell the items, engraving your identity is best;
· don’t open the door to cold callers. Know the numbers of gas, electricity, and water suppliers - bogus callers can give a fake utility number to try to prove they are genuine.
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west