A COMMUNITY grant of £300 has been handed over from Bassetlaw District Council towards the refurbishment of Walkeringham sports pavilion.
Councillor Joan Sanger presented the cheque to parish councillor Malcolm Dilley, who is also chairman of Walkeringham Village Hall and Playing Fields Committee, and parish councillor Maynal Vessey.
Coun Sanger said: “I am pleased to be able to make a donation from my Community Grant as a Bassetlaw District Councillor towards the refurbishment of this sports pavilion.
“I feel very strongly that when children and young people are encouraged to take part in any sport they use their energy positively in their spare time.”
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west