REGULARS at a Dearne pub have organised a fundraising day to benefit a children’s cancer charity.
Customers at the Bull’s Head on Mexborough High Street have arranged the charity event on Wednesday, September 19, to raise funds for the Parents Association of Children with Tumours and Leukaemia) PACT.
The day will feature a variety of pub games such as a pool tournament, darts and a karaoke competition between 11.30am and 6pm.
Mexborough marathon man Tommy Joyce MBE will be attempting to complete a run on a treadmill, while there will also be children’s rides and bric-a-brac stalls.
Landlady Patricia Cupitt said: “I think it is a great idea from our customers and I would love to raise about £1000.”
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west