MORE than one in five newly diagnosed cancer patients in South Yorkshire lack support from family and friends during their treatment and recovery, according to research by Macmillan Cancer Support.
The charity found around 1,400 patients a year lack support, and 400 receive no help at all. The Facing the Fight Alone report discovered 53 per cent of isolated patients have skipped meals, 27 per cent have not been able to wash themselves properly and 60 per cent have been unable to do household chores. One in 10 missed medical appointments.
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west