DONCASTER victims of a rare form of asbestos related cancer could claim compensation under new legislation.
The Government-funded initiative means a U-turn for potentially hundreds of mesothelioma sufferers - who have previously been unable to trace their illness to a specific employer or insurer.
In most cases payments are which likely to exceed £100k.
Those who are diagnosed after July 25 this year are eligible to claim.
The scheme is expected to provide £300m in compensation across the first decade – with the first payments being made by 2014.
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west