South Yorkshire Police are appealing for information after a 43-year-old man died this morning after the motorbike he was riding collided with a car in Swinton.
At just before 7am on Tuesday, October 30, a silver Vauxhall Vectra pulled out of Gleneagles Rise and turned right onto Lime Grove. The blue Honda motorbike was travelling along Lime Grove and the vehicles collided. The man came off his bike and was trapped under the car.
The motorcyclist, from Chesterfield sustained multiple traumatic injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 54-year-old male driver of the Vectra, was from Swinton and was not reported to have been hurt.
Fire engines from the Dearne and Rotherham stations were called to the scene.
Officers would like to hear from anyone who saw the manner of driving prior to the collision and anyone who witnessed the collision. Call South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 114 of the 30 October
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east