A CYCLIST who died in a Doncaster collision has been named as Benjamin Hydes.
South Yorkshire Police has named the 21-year-old man who died following a collision as Benjamin Hydes from Burghwallis, Doncaster.
It is believed that a Ford Transit van driven by a 31-year-old local man was travelling along Skellow Road away from the A1 when it has collided with Ben as he exited Mill Lane, throwing him from his bicycle and into the road.
Ben’s family said: “Ben was very popular and was dearly loved by all his family, girlfriend, friends, and work colleagues. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or the manner of driving prior to the collision should call South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 892 of September 5.
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west