Three people were taken to hospital after a fire crews were called to a house in Doncaster last night.
When crews arrived at the house in Petersgate, Scawthorpe, at 9.45am they found there was no fire but the property was heavily smoke-logged and the occupants, two men in their 50s and 30s, and a 17-year-old boy, were affected by smoke inhalation.
They were taken to hospital for a precautionary check-up, said a fire service spokesman.
The cause of the smoke was believed to be clothing left on top of a lamp in one of the bedrooms.
The crews spent almost an hour ventilating the property