Your health champions have been honoured tonight in a glittering award ceremony at Doncaster racecourse.
Earlier this year the Free Press teamed up with health chiefs to open nominations for the Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Staff Awards.
Over the last few weeks our readers have been busy nominating unsung health heroes and voting for their Star of the Year.
And tonight, Doncaster’s health stars were recognised for their hard work.
The evening’s host was BBC Look North’s Clare Frisby who called the evening her ‘favourite awards of the year’.
A total of 12 awards have been given out during the course of the evening.
The winners were:
- Team of the year award - Team AAA (abdominal, aortic aneurysm screening) at Mongagu hospital
- Leader of the year - Sonja Robson, ward manager, mallard ward, Doncaster Royal Infirmary (DRI)
- Unsung hero award - Louise Jones, Medical Secretary, Care of the Elderly, DRI
- Volunteer of the year award - David Holland, medical access unit, DRI
- Best role model - Kate Stokell, matron, MSK and frailty care group, DRI
- Most caring person - Karen Langahan, Macmillan end of life co-ordinator, pallative care office, DRI
- Outstanding quality care award - dialysis unit, DRI
- Learner of the year - Maxine Eddleston
- Researcher of the year - Dr Chee-Seng Yee, consultant rheumotologist, DRI
- Innovation and improvement award - Acute oncology service
- Chairman’s award for progress - Ward A5, Bassetlaw hospital
- Star of the year - Natasha Ross, Ward 27, DRI
*Buy the Free Press on Thursday (September 25) for a special 10 page supplement on the health awards, with photographs of all of the winners plus a full report on the evening.