The occupants of a flat in Balby, Doncaster, escaped unhurt after a cooking-related fire last night.
Fire crews were called to the flat above a shop on Balby Road about 8pm but the fire was already out when they arrived. The cause was accidental.
Other firefighters were sent to Mansfield Crescent, Armthorpe, when a quantity of logs were reported burning. They had to go some distance into Shaw Wood before they could put it out.
Some conifers in The Homestead, Bentley, were also set alight yesterday afternoon.