Doncaster fire incident started by cigarette

South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. Picture: Marie Caley D0949MC
South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue. Picture: Marie Caley D0949MC

Fire crews were called to Hyde Park, Doncaster, early today after a house began to fill with smoke.

They found a burning cigarette had caused the contents of a waste bin to smoulder and the firefighters removed the bin from the house in Lime Tree Avenue.

A fire service spokesman said the house was smoke-logged but there was no major damage.