DCSIMG

Dog sparks Goldthorpe explosion

editorial image

editorial image

 

A dog caused an explosion in a Goldthorpe home.

It is thought the pet perforated an aerosol can which leaked gas onto a sofa and was then ignited by heat from a lamp.

The can exploded, blowing out a downstairs bay window and setting fire to the sofa.

Firefighters from Dearne and Adwick stations were called to put out the blaze on Frederick Street on Saturday at around 6pm.

The occupiers weren’t in at the time, but 3 dogs and 3 cats were inside at the time.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page

 

X scottish independence image

Keep up-to-date with all the latest Referendum news