Discarded cigarette sparks Cantley garden blaze

South Yorkshire Fire Service. Picture: Andrew Roe
South Yorkshire Fire Service. Picture: Andrew Roe
0
Have your say

A RABBIT hutch has been damaged after a cigarette sparked a fire which spread across two gardens.

The discarded cigarette set alight a garden shed in Bardolf Road, Cantley, which then spread to the fencing and part of the semi-detached property.

It then spread across into the neighbour’s garden and caught the animal’s hutch.

A South Yorkshire Fire spokesman said no rabbits were hurt.

She added that the shed, which contained tools and household storage, was destroyed.

Firefighters from Doncaster station attended the garden fire around 7.30pm last night.

The spokesman said the fire was accidental and nobody was hurt.