Corner shop fire starts from light

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.
South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service.
0
Have your say

A FLUORESCENT light sparked a blaze in a newsagents this morning.

Firefighters from Adwick were called out to the Caroline’s Corner shop off York Road towards Cusworth, just before 5am.

The accidental blaze began from a light tube fitting which crews disconnected and then made the area safe.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said there was no damage to the shop and nobody had to be evacuated.