A pensioner had a lucky escape after fire broke out at her Doncaster home this morning.
Fire crews from Doncaster and Edlington station were called to a bungalow in Levet Road, Cantley, just after 9.30am when an automatic fire alarm went off and sent a message through to a central control room.
They found a woman in her 90s still in the bungalow and escorted her to safety while other firefighters put out a burning cushion on a sofa.
The cushion had been ignited by a burning cigarette, said a spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.
The occupant of the bungalow had suffered a slight burn to her hand but it was not serious enough to warrant her being taken to hospital.
There was only a small amount of damage to the seating.