Chimney fire sparks blaze

Fire Engine on call

Fire Engine on call

0
Have your say

A CHIMNEY caught on fire in the site of a children’s centre last night.

Edlington firefighters attended the Richmond Hill Early Years Centre in Melton Road, Sprotbrough, after being alerted by a caretaker on site.

The crew spent two hours putting out the flames which started in the chimney of a boiler room near to the centre.

They used an aerial appliance to kill the blaze and inspected the inside of the room and its boiler before leaving at around midnight.

A spokesman for the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was accidental.

He added that there was no real damage to the boiler room and the fire did not spread to the children’s centre building.