Carbon dioxide leak closes Balby restaurant

0
Have your say

A DOZEN people had to be evacuated from a fast food restaurant last night after its fizzy drinks machine began leaking carbon dioxide.

Staff at McDonald’s in Sandford Road, Balby, alerted the fire service when the carbon dioxide tank, which supplies its fizzy drinks, started to leak.

Its six members of staff and handful of customers all waited outside as firefighters entered the restaurant wearing breathing apparatus.

Crews disconnected the machine and used high powered fans to ventilate the restaurant, following the call at around 8.40pm.

Nobody was hurt, a spokesman for the South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed.

The restaurant was closed for the night. It is understood to have reopened this morning.