Candle left too close to curtain caused flat fire in Doncaster

editorial image

A tea light left to close to a curtain caused a flat fire in Doncaster.

The blaze on The Avenue, Bentley, was discovered at 8.55pm last night and four firefighters wearing specialist breathing equipment went into the flat to douse the flames and search for casualties.

The flat is made up of a number of bedrooms with occupants sharing a communal kitchen and bathroom.

There were three people inside at the time, who all escaped unharmed.