Caring nurse wins top award
a KIND-hearted nurse has been rewarded for her efforts with a prestigious regional award.
Joanne Wilkinson, a ward sister at Doncaster Royal Infirmary, was presented with the Respect Carers’ Award by Ben Parkinson, MBE.
The poignant presentation was Ben Parkinson’s first opportunity to hand out an award to carers who he knows only too well deserve recognition for their hard work.
Mike Pinkerton, chief executive of Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I am delighted that Sister Wilkinson’s work has been recognised by the Respect Carers’ Award. She is an exceptional member of staff who cares passionately about her patients, and will do whatever it takes to meet their needs and exceed expectations.”
- DONCASTER ROVERS: ‘We’re going for big prize and won’t be distracted’
- One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s Twitter row with The Wanted
- Up and coming singer Jake Bugg heads out on biggest tour to date
- VOTE: Margaret Thatcher - Hero or Villain?
- Rovers FT: Doncaster Rovers 1 Tranmere 0: Jones edges Donny nearer promotion
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Doncaster
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North east